Training from the BACK of the Room! is a two day course that enables you to explore the most current “cognitive neuroscience” about effective instruction – how the brain takes in, stores, retrieves and uses knowledge. Discover six powerful learning principles based on the best of brain science, then apply these principles every time you train, teach, or coach others.
These Accelerated Learning principles go hand-in-hand with team-based Agile and Scrum processes and principles. If you are an Agile coach or Scrum trainer, you will be especially pleased to discover how to combine Agile/Scrum concepts with collaborative learner-engagement.
During this dynamic, two-day Training from the BACK of the Room (TBR) workshop, you will also practice using the 4Cs instructional design “map” with the content you teach, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the class, or level of learners. The 4Cs is a brain-based, four-step, Accelerated Learning instructional design model now used by hundreds of Agile coaches and Scrum trainers around the world.
Leave this train-the-trainer event with a trainer’s tool bag of practical, brain-based instructional strategies you can put to use immediately in your own training programs. You’ll also leave with a 55-page workbook filled with new resources and brain science information, as well as copies of Sharon Bowman’s best-selling books: “Training from the BACK of the Room” and “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick”.
Whether you are a trainer, instructional designer, an agile coach or someone who wants to improve presentation skills, this workshop is for YOU!
WE PRACTICE WHAT WE TEACH:
This training is a learning experience made for the learner: you. We guarantee that you will take these lessons and share the joy of learning with your own students and clients in an active, creative and fun way; a way that makes the information stick. Like us, you will apply the most current cognitive neuroscience about effective instructions to design and deliver courses and trainings that are truly brain-friendly.
In our workshop you will experience yourself how the brain takes in, stores, retrieves and uses knowledge in creative, collaborative ways. Exploring the principles of Training from the BACK of the Room! is packed with interactive learning, experiments, activity and fun.
And it’s practical: your outcome is about your topics and materials.
While you learn about it, you can combine the material you already use with the brain-based concepts and strategies of Training from the BACK of the Room! Additional to this you can choose and use helpful activities and tools to create more effective training classes, programs or other instructional formats. Regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of the class, or level of learners!
Training from the BACK of the Room! Learning Objectives
After your active participation in this train-the-trainer workshop, you will be able to:
- Apply six learning principles based on current brain research every time you train, regardless of the complexity of the topic, size of group, or level of learners.
- Demonstrate a variety of brain science elements important to human learning, using your own training topics.
- Increase learners’ attention, retention and engagement with learning activities that engage the whole brain.
- Use the “4Cs Map” as a training design and delivery model for any brain-based instruction.
- Choose from dozens of brain-based learning activities for all topics and all instructional formats: classroom, e-learning, one-on-one, small or large group training.
- Access a collection of new brain science resources to enhance your training skills, whether you teach in real or virtual classrooms.
- Create training classes and programs that combine your own topic and materials with the brain-based concepts and strategies from this program.
- Explain to colleagues your understanding of the physiology of the human brain as it applies to learning, training and memory.
- Become a member of an ongoing “mastermind” of trainers who have as their community commonality brain science, the 4Cs map, and a passion for training excellence.
- (for Scrum trainers and Agile coaches) Combine Agile and Scrum processes and principles with Accelerated Learning to create collaborative, interactive, fun and memorable learning experiences.
Each participant will receive:
- One copy each of Sharon’s bestselling book “Training from the BACK of the Room! 65 Ways to Step aside and let them Learn” and her newest book “Using Brain Science to Make Training Stick”
- A 55-page workbook that is only available with this program – an indispensable resource for use during and after the workshop
- A collection of “brain activating tools” – game prizes, training souvenirs, and learning aids that can be used in your own training programs
- Training materials in digital format
- A certificate of completion, suitable for framing
- Lunch, snacks and beverages included
About the Instructor
Early in his career, Vic owned a restaurant, taught English in Japan, and worked on films in Los Angeles. He began webmastering for the auto industry in Detroit before becoming a back end Java developer using XP practices at the University of Michigan’s Hospital. Vic relocated to California in 2002 to earn his MBA (USC) in Technology Management while working at Sony Pictures, then worked as a project manager for Panasonic.
Since 2011, Vic has worked only in Scrum / agile implementations. He has managed staff, facilitated large groups (75+), trained over 500 workshop attendees, and presented to thousands. Vic says that Agile has changed his life, allowing him to be the most effective, passionate and happy he’s ever been over his long and winding career path.
Vic hosts the Agile Coffee podcast and is an Agile coach, facilitator and trainer with Rocket Nine Solutions.
Check out Vic Bonacci’s Agile Coffee Podcast here